We all have one and most of us want there’s to look good. In some ways, it’s the showpiece to your home. So If you don’t have one or maybe you have brought a property and want to get it redone, or your building a new home, concrete is naturally one of the first thought.
There a little bit to consider when planning your driveway. The functions, will it be a high traffic driveway? How long will it need to be, and of course the look, that’s important as well? And it needs to blend in with your surroundings. So colour and type of concrete are this that also need to consider.
Not only that you have a few materials to also think about. Should I use concrete, what about stone, or even pavers, or what about gravel? All things to think about. But at the end of the day, there’s one material with all its benefits that will rise above all other options. And that’s concrete.
So having said that. Let’s take a look at the advantages and benefits of using concrete over the other options.
The Advantages With Concrete Driveway?
Affordability is a big one. Budget always comes into play with anything, and concrete is one of the most affordable materials you can use for around the home, especially for a driveway. Its a simple mix of sand, water and gravel as well as the concrete mix, but those materials alone are cheap. And it goes a long way. If you do compare it to the other materials like bluestone and sandstone pavers or even slate, you’ll see there’s a big difference in the costs. You also save on labour, as paving takes a lot longer than concrete does.
The perfect finish. If you decide to use us as your preferred Canberra concreting company you’ll definitely see how amazing our finishes come up. When done concreting looks great and you’ll have that finish for many years to come. There’s a lot involved with using pavers to seal your driveway. But with concrete, as long as the weather is good, and the concrete pours, you’ll be good to go in no time, with the finish to go with it.
Durability: Concrete is incredibly durable. When you look around and see all the building and roads that are built with concrete you can see why. Concrete is the foundation of every building there pretty much is. If you go down the path of using concrete for your driveway, you know it will last. Because your driveway will be holding some sort of weight, your car, you want whatever your material you use to be able to handle the ongoing pressure. Something to think about.
Versatility: Using concrete can be a very versatile product to use. And I mean in two forms. The first being the shape you want. As concrete is a liquid form at the start, you can pretty much have any shape you want. The second. Nowadays concrete comes with many options. Coloured, stamped, aggregate concrete are just a few of the options you have available.
The Design Possibilities
As I just mentioned above. One of the biggest benefits or advantages of concrete is the designs available. Let’s take a look at a few.
- Coloured Concrete. Whether it’s a colour you have added to the concrete or it’s painted on, you have plenty of options. If this is something you want to explore, we’ll be happy to assist with the colour design.
- Stamped Concrete. This is a method of adding a print finish to the top of the concrete, you can also go for a textured finish. You can go for a brick, slate, stone or even wood finish. You can get the finish you want without the price tag.
- Exposed Aggregate. This is when you leave the concrete exposed, it’s a great way to add a non-slip finish to your driveway.
- Stencilled Concrete. This is one way you can have complete design control over how your driveways look. You can take a blank design and create the custom design you want. We can talk about this option when your ready the move forward.
- Plain: With a quality pour, and a good sealer, a plain concrete driveway looks impressive and is a design element in its own right.
One if not the biggest benefits to having a concrete driveway are the low maintenance factor. Every week or so it won’t hurt to give it a wash down. And every 5-7 years it might be a good option to get it resealed. This will, of course, get you a long lasting driveway.
Comparing that to the maintenance of other materials like pavers and stone where the weeds grow in between them, you have none of that with concrete.
So, concrete driveways really are full of advantages, there are winners at every level.
If you’re looking for professional concreting Canberra team. Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to assist with your newt concreting project.